At SportsUno by providing us your personal data, you are consenting to share your data with us which is stored with utmost safety.
- Collection of Information
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, choose interests or groups, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, payment method data, photos, choices of interests and groups, and any other information that you choose to provide. Information about your gender and interests is optional. Your choice of groups is optional, but we are required to process this information in order to administer your account, and to indicate that you are a member of the groups that you join. See Section 2 to learn how we will use the information that you provide to personalize our recommendations and other content to you.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform based on your consent to the collection of this information. For further information see Section 5.2.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, and track usage of our Platform. Pixel tags are electronic images that may be used in our Platform or emails, and track usage of our Platform and effectiveness of communications.
Other Information: With your permission, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll, contacts of individuals you wish to find or connect with, or calendar information you want to manage via the Platform.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, and used for purposes such as improving your SportsUno’s recommendations. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use the Platform feature to share a link. However you have the option to enable or disable this service.
Invitations. If another member sends you an invitation through our Platform, we may receive certain personal information, such as your name, email address, or phone number. If you are an invited guest, we will automatically send you an invitation to our Platform, and, if unanswered, a one-time follow-up invitation. SportsUno stores this contact information only to send these invitations and evaluate their success. You may unsubscribe from future invitations using the instructions in those messages. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Member Content. We may receive information about you when you or another member uploads photos or posts other content to the Platform. For further details about the rights over this information available to individuals.
Information From Other Third-Party Sources. In order to provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Platform;
- Display information about you, for instance, your list of interests, which will be visible on your profile;
- Personalize the Platform, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested.
- Allow you to share information about your use of the Platform through a third-party social media service, if you connect your account through that service (which you can turn off at any time) and to provide you with better recommendations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of SportsUno and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
2.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, to contact you about events on our Platform that are being held near your location, and to otherwise communicate with you in accordance with Section 2.3;
- Notify you about communications of other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Advertising and Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide content, features, or sponsorships that match member profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests and other promotions;
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
2.4 Legal Basis for Processing
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our Terms of Service, for example to allow you to join groups, or to display your profile to other members, and to allow us to send you important service updates.
- We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, the operation of networks of groups by the network administrators, and improving our Platform).
- Sometimes you provide us with sensitive information about you; for instance, the mere fact of joining a certain group may indicate information about your health, religion, political views, or sexual identity. Joining such groups, or posting information on the Platform about these topics is entirely voluntarily and done with your explicit consent.
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract.
3. Sharing Of Information
3.1 Through Our Platform
We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, is always public. Some information, such as interests, is public by default, but can be hidden on our Platform. Some information, such as group memberships, will always be visible to other members of that SportsUno group, and may be public, depending on the settings of that group. We recommend that you check the group settings and what information will be available before joining the group to ensure that you are happy with the information that is visible to others.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
- Data Retention
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member of the Platform, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Platform;
- So ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
- To provide accurate accounting information to other members about the groups that they organize or administer, and associated memberships;
- To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
- When we have no on going legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
- Policy Scope
- Revisions to This Policy
- Your Choices: Account Information
8.1 Your Choice: Updating your information
If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information and your preferences to receive email or other communications from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your friends and contacts may still choose to send email invitations to you. Any user who receives an email invitation to join the Site may choose not to receive such invitations in the future by following the instructions in the email invitations and, in addition, if you are a member, you may also choose not to receive such invitations by changing your preferences as indicated above. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
While we make efforts to accommodate requests to restrict our use of your information, we reserve the right to delete all or any portion of customer information if we are not able to reasonably accommodate a requested restriction.
8.2 Your Choices: Location Information
When you first access the Platform, we will collect information about your location, which we use to make better recommendations for groups and events in your area, and to improve our Platform. If you do not want us to collect information about your location, then you can prevent this:
- If using a mobile app, by changing the settings on your device.
- If using our website, your location data will be obtained via a cookie. Note that our Platform or its features may no longer function properly if you do.
Your mobile device settings may also give you the option to choose whether to allow us to view your location on a continuous basis, when only using the app, or never. Allowing us to view your location when you are not using the app allows us to provide you with recommendations on a regular basis. Please refer to your device’s guide for additional information on how to adjust location services.
8.3 Your Choices: Cookies
8.4 Retrieving your given personal data.
In a case where you want to retrieve your personal data partially or fully please contact us on email@example.com. Where you can request us to delete or alter your personal data and this request will be acknowledged.
9. Data Rights
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Contact Us